Monday, May 1, 2017

Sometimes you have to say no

Sometimes you have to say No.

I was meeting a new divorce client today and the gentlemen she brought with her made the comment that in his business, it is often best to turn down clients that seem to be more bother than they are worth. I couldn't agree more. When I was new and desperate for money, I took on many clients that I really didn't want because I needed to money. I have been fortunate that I can now be a bit more selective in the cases I take.

I don't need or want any more narcissistic people who don't understand that they can't pay me a small amount of money and expect me to drop everything and make their case my highest priority. If I have one pet peeve, it is people who wait until the last minute, have very little money and then expect me to make them number one. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Sometimes, the best thing any lawyer or other professional can do is say "no thanks." As much as you may want to help everybody, you just can't.


Ryan Maesen
www.maesenlaw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment